* *

Monday, May 18, 2009

Not Me Monday!



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I most certainly was not happy to send the kids to their dad's house and spend an entire weekend sans children. I did not spend Saturday night stuffing myself eating with the world's best BBQ take-out at J's house and watching the All-Star race without interuption or having to share.

I did not convince J to go to "small group" Sunday night at a house down the street only to find that they had had to cancel due to a family emergency. And when he gave have his most honestly sincere disappointed (fake) sigh, I did not say "That's okay, our assistant pastor has one at his house too, and he just lives three houses that way." I did not have any fun whatsoever while I was there.

At small groups my asst pastor's wife did not look out the back door to check on the children and see my three year old running around her yard with her pants and panties pulled around her ankles. Because of this I did not want to ring my 11yr old's neck (who was supposed to be watching her) and I did not whisper-yell that she had better run home and back (half a block away) and get L some clean clothes. I did not listen to the next ten minutes of Bible-study from the bathroom while waiting for said clothes (and I did not whisper-sing "If you're happy and you know it" six times to keep L from running out into the livingroom half-naked).

I look forward to reading what all of you did not do also! Have a great Monday!

4 comments:

  1. LOL! Three year olds are so comfortable in their skin aren't they?? What a funny not me!

    http://www.atticgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh aside fromt he fact that my kids are 6, 5 and 1 I could sooo see this happening to me. if you're happy and you know it is my 1 year olds fave song!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really classic about "oh gee whiz, we can't go to small group" and then there being another one just down the street. Ha!

    Thanks for the grins :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ROFL!!! I hate that I missed all that! Boo!

    ReplyDelete