* *

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Olive Juice

Nearly every day I drop the kids off at this corner a 1/2 block from their school. 11YOG (11 year-old-genius) gets out first, helps everyone else out (including two neighbor kids) and folds the seat down so I don't have to deal with it when we get home and the little girls need to hurry into the house to wait for their bus.

I always told her Thank You, but on one grouchy day I said "I LOOOOOVE YOU!" and she grumbled back the same in reply. Now all three of the girls and I yell it as embrassingly loud as possible every day.

She would be embarassed if it weren't a)half a block from school and b)making her smile to widely to even fake a frown.

Sometimes, just to make myself giggle, I yell "Olive Juice!" (She's a smart cookie, she'll call me on it one day).

Whew! My fingers are tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment